We all love amazing handwriting, and not a few people are enthralled when they see fine and excellent writing. However, there is one thing about handwriting that some others may not even be aware of – handwriting can depreciate with time. The good news though, is that there are steps that can be taken to ensure there is a remarkable improvement in handwriting no matter how young or advanced in age you are. Here are methods that have been proven to be very effective in addressing the topic:
• Choose the Correct Paper: This will come as a surprise to some because they never thought the paper could affect handwriting even though that is the case. Some people have their handwriting severely damaged over time because they kept making use of the wrong type of paper, and always work with the specific kind of paper that brings out the best of your writing.
• Pen is Mighty Indeed: To reflect the importance of writing, it is often said that the pen is mightier than the sword. In this case, too, the pen is crucial to improving your handwriting. One of the first steps you have to take when it comes to improving your handwriting is to ensure that you are working with the appropriate pen. With the correct pen, you are in total control of the flow, you grip it well, and writing becomes stress-free. If you have to struggle with your current pen, do not be surprised, it is affecting your handwriting. Discard it and get the correct one.
• Take Your Time: Some people have managed to damage their handwriting not necessarily because they are bad but because they always write as if they are in a hurry. To improve your handwriting at any age, do not rush or be in any hurry while writing. To get the best out of your handwriting, you need to be cool, calm, and collected once you are with the pen. For those who still do not get it, your writing speed determines a lot as far as the excellence of the output of your writing is concerned. Do not be under any form of tension or experience anxiety when the time comes for you to try out your writing skills. It is essential to know that your mood has a direct impact on the quality of your writing. Always try and be relaxed as much as possible when writing.
• Exercise and Practice: Like any other skill, writing also gets better over time the more you practice. There are several writing samples that you can use for your practice tests. To know you are making progress, you can always tell a friend or loved one to keep track of your progress and give you scores if possible. The more you practice, the better your handwriting will get with time. You can also exercise your fingers and stretch your arms to pamper the muscles doing all the hard writing work.
• Holding It Correctly: As hinted earlier, getting the correct pen is crucial. But that is half of the story. To get the appropriate pen is one thing, to know how to make the best use of it is another thing entirely. While writing, you have to ensure that you are holding the pen correctly. Improper use of the pen will have a negative effect on the writing style, and you will not like the outcome despite your best efforts to make things better. If you want to write smoothly and legibly, you should make it a point of duty to ensure you are holding your pen correctly.
• Read: Some may wonder what the link between reading and improving handwriting is. However, because there are several books, journals, and all sorts of publications that are on how to improve handwriting, it is not a bad idea to read these books. But reading them alone is not enough – you have to apply the knowledge that you have gained from the books. Various manuals guide you step-by-step on ways by which you can improve your handwriting and perform that magic with your fingers on paper.
Information about several handwriting books is available on our website “www.writerightindia.com” to help you improve your writing skills giving you flawless and legible handwriting style. These books are available for all age groups- Pre-primary, Primary, as well as Advanced. Your school can also book free handwriting orientation classes where you will get the best team of handwriting experts to teach you the techniques and craft your writing skills.
Now you can see clearly that no matter what has happened to your handwriting, there are steps that you can still take to ensure that you improve your handwriting. Your age is not going to stop you from achieving your handwriting goals.